Business Process Modeling - BPMN
Workshop - Business Process Modeling
09:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- IIBA SE MICH - $350.00
Skill Builder Workshop
Business Process Modeling - BPMN
6 Hour Hands On Workshop
Oct 9, 2021
09 AM - 4 PM
Business modeling practices are often unclear definitions. This results in miscommunication among stakeholders, contributing to project failure. This is often due to the inability to describe and understand an organization’s business processes end-to-end and top-to-bottom.
Let us help you build your skills!
The SE Michigan IIBA Chapter is hosting an all-day workshop during which participants will learn:
- A best practices approach to developing a Business Process Model
- Practical exercises in Business Process Modeling based on real-world examples
- The use of the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) for business-oriented and IT-oriented views of a given process
Every participant will leave the session with greater comfort and confidence to model business processes using effective diagramming and narrative techniques, be less intimidated by this work, and clearly show how Business Process Modeling leads to better business outcomes.
You will learn to assess both the strengths and weaknesses of existing business processes, and assess the links between strategies and processes.
The understanding and appreciation you will acquire will deliver you a greater comfort and confidence to participate in analyzing business processes for improvements, be less uncertain, and clearly show how business process modeling leads to the delivering of better business outcomes.
- Introduction to BPMN
- Level 1 (Descriptive Modeling)
- Best Practices for Process Modeling
- Level 2 (Analytical Modeling)
- Process Narrative (the unknown technique – bonus!)
- Consultants advising clients in planning and decision-making.
- Team members actively involved in software or business data who consistently find business processes a part of their development and deliverables.
- Roles that are proposing / planning Information Technology (IT) changes and or acquisitions.
- Team leaders and management who are seeking to bring consistency, discipline, and accountability into their decision-making processes.
- Business analysts, project analysts, product analysts, data analysts, and other analysis roles who recognize the opportunities and necessity of including business process management skills as part of their skills competencies in our current fast moving marketplace.
President, SE Michigan IIBA Chapter
Workshop duration: 6.00 hours
IIBA CDU / PD credit hours: 6.0 credits
IIBA CREDIT HOURS
Workshop is eligible for IIBA® Professional Development (PD) credit hours and CDU credits.
Workshop fees must be paid upon registration in the workshop prior to attending. Pricing, registration terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
For credit card payments, charges will be in the currency of the country where the class takes place and will be converted by the credit card company. IIBA SE Michigan Chapter is not responsible for fluctuations due to exchange rates. Taxes will be applied to the payment where applicable.
IIBA SE Michigan Chapter reserves the right to make changes to the workshop program described or to cancel the workshop at any time without notice or liability. The Chapter's sole liability will be limited to the refund of registration fees paid in respect of the workshop and the Chapter shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential loss arising whatsoever. The Chapter will endeavor to give enrollees as much advance notice as possible of any change to the workshop program or registrant’s enrollment.
The registration fee covers workshop materials only.
Cancellations will be allowed prior to 7 days of the workshop start date and a full refund will be issued. Cancellations will not be permitted within 7 days of the workshop start date; however, substitutions will be permitted. It is up to the registrant to find and arrange a substitute. The Chapter will process the substitution by changing the registrant name but is not responsible for any financial transactions between the registrants.
No refunds will be issued within 7 days of the workshop start date. If a registrant does not attend the workshop and has not given adequate notification, it will result in full forfeiture of the registration fee.
If you are unable to attend the workshop, or have comments or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Pass the Word:
Don't forget: Let your friends and colleagues know about this month's event by forwarding this event to them.